Last night I was drafting a style post (I know, quite a departure from the usual posts around here), and I realized that y’all probably don’t have any clue what I look like, since I rarely post pictures of myself. Just to be sure, I mentioned it on Twitter.
It turns out, a 65×65 pixel photo of myself on the sidebar is not enough. Noted.
This is me.
The whole conversation made me realize that if y’all have no idea what I look like then my personality probably doesn’t come across quite as clearly as I assume it does. I know I’m pretty terrible at writing about myself, but maybe I can work on posting more photos and sharing a few facts. Some of which may be old new for those of you who follow me on Twitter or who actually read my rambling posts tagged Life from 2011/2012 that were rife with quotes found on Pinterest. (Y’all, 2011 was a bad year, and 2012 wasn’t much better.)
- I’m 25 (26 next month. Robert is 26, 27 in May)
- I’m brunette with dark brown eyes.
- I’m also nearsighted.
- I like to say “I’m 5’4 on a good day”. I might be shrinking, it’s hard to reach the upper cabinet shelves. (Also, if 5’4 is the average height for a woman, why do I have to buy petite/short pants? My best guess is that I must be long-waisted.)
- I’m a graphic designer. I graduated from FSU (Florida State University) with a degree in studio art, emphasis on graphic design. Apparently they have an actual graphic design major now, which wasn’t an option when I was in college.
- My 9-5 job is editing images for the website of a sports merchandising company.
- If you’ve read the About section you know that Robert & I met in while volunteering at the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity in order to meet the community service hours for our IB high school.
- I drink a lot of coffee & lattes. I know caffeine is considered the devil and whatnot by most people who do their best to eat healthy, but I cannot give up my coffee. I have started drinking brewed coffee black, though (I’ve always drunk skim lattes).
- I worked at Starbucks during college, and for a year after college graduation.
- I do my best to drink my 8-10 cups of water a day (though I’ve fallen off the wagon about this recently).
- Last year I challenged myself to learn to like more vegetables. Dusty’s 80/20 plan sort of sums up what I strive for, although this past month R and I have been eating out too much.
- I used to do gymnastics, but instead starting competitions in 4th or 5th grade I gave it up in favor of horseback riding (which I started when I was 9).
- When I was 16 I got a horse rather than a car. His name is Charger, he’ll be 25 in April. We used to belong to our local Pony Club, he came to college with me, and he now lives on Robert’s aunt&uncle’s farm in Tennessee.
- In the span of one week in 2011 I had strep & an ear infection, my paternal grandmother passed away, and Robert and I were shot at while outside our best friend’s house (by the neighbor, not the friend). You can read more about that here and a little bit here.
- We’re not currently close to that friend, and I miss him every single day. He understands (understood?) me better than anyone ever has, even Robert. That’s probably not the sort of thing you’re supposed to admit about a guy you aren’t married to, but there it is.
That’s all I’ve got for now, but maybe I’ll make this a series, and work on thinking of some more interesting facts. Also, feel free to ask questions. I’ll do my best to answer, assuming it doesn’t make be blush too badly.
Feel free to snag the graphic from the top of the post if you’d like to re-introduce yourself to your readers as well! Or the one below, if you prefer.