Risk Taking

I’ve touched on the subject of mixing colors and patterns before, and most of y’all agreed that you aren’t scared to mix patterns. Hopefully you will also agree with what I’m about to show you.

Yes, I did just mix a farmhouse table, (knock off) midcentury modern chairs, and a Craigslist Italian provincial china cabinet. I loved all three pieces, and I think it just might be crazy enough to work. I would say Pinterest made me do it, but we all know I’m one who doesn’t really care what other people think.

I’ll be back soon with another post about the dining room, as well as some other updates we’re working on.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Risk Taking

1. JD says:

Actually I really like it, for me I would paint the bench black. It works for me if you don’t want to. Smile. I probably would never have thought of what you did but I really do like it. Good for you! Hooray.

Thanks JD! Glad you like it!

I’m not sure whether I’ll paint the bench, the china cabinet, or both. The table legs are actually dark green (though it looks black with the lighting, or lack there of), but I was thinking about painting them a lighter color.

2. Michelle says:

If you love it, then who cares what others think? That’s my philosophy on decor. :)
    I really like what you have done. It looks inviting and who doesn’t want their dining room to be inviting? I hope you have many enjoyable meals in your lovely dining room! :)

Michelle (@The236)

3. Amanda says:

I adore those chairs – I’ve been looking for some similar ones for my kitchen breakfast nook but I haven’t found any I love yet – where are yours from?

4. michelle says:

I love it! Seriously. All of it! I’m usually a fan of slapping paint on wood furniture but I really like that hutch as is. I do agree with the above suggestion of painting the bench top black….but only if you’re digging it. It’s not like it looks bad the way it is!!

Thanks Michelle!

I’m generally a fan of painting wood furniture, too, but I’m not sure about the hutch yet. I think I’ll live with it wood colored for a while, but I’ve also got a paint chip tucked under the hardware…

5. I love those chairs, and I think it works!! I kind of vote for painting the hutch. But don’t mind me and my opinions. Do what rocks your world!!

Thanks Jane!

I’m wavering back and forth on the hutch. Usually I’m like “who cares, it’s just paint!”, but this time I’m feeling a bit more “but what if I don’t like it painted?” and “but it’s a nice piece as it is”. Who knows where I’ll end up on the subject!

6. Amy@BR says:

Oh la la! I think it’s fabulous!

7. Lindsay says:

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! Everything about this is perfect. GREAT choice!!

8. Jami Graham says:

I want those flipping chairs! Go ahead and just ignore my comment because I’m sure you’ll follow it up with, thanks I scored them here and they basically paid me to take them! :p It looks great and I’m also dying over those coffee paintings…DYING!

Haha! You’ll be happy (or maybe not?) to know I did not get these chairs for a steal! (The new living room rug on its way, however…*wink*) They were definitely a splurge from Amazon, kind of a Christmas present to ourselves. I got this set of four, but they also come in sets of two or individually.

9. I’m absolutely IN LOVE with what you’ve put together and you should be too! :) Modern + rustic/traditional = amazing! Nice vision Cait!

Thanks Ashley! I’m totally in love with it! We just moved our living room rug in last night, too. I think you’re going to LOVE our new living room rug :) (There’s a preview on Twitter.)

10. Pingback: Dining Room Revamp & Other Swaps | Hernando House