Things You Can’t Tell Just From Reading My Blog

Or, Why Most People Can’t Live With Me For More Than a Year.

seen here

1. If it’s under 70F I’m probably freezing. I steal the covers, I take really hot showers and use all the hot water.
2. I bake, but I don’t eat the finished product.
3. I clean when I’m mad (but not when I’m sad).
4. I’m not a morning person. At all. I set too many alarms & hardly move when they go off. If there’s coffee I probably won’t snap at you.
5. Carbs are my weakness. Pasta, potato chips, Publix cookies, sourdough bread, these are the things I eat when I’m upset. (I’m trying to eat more vegetables though, Jenn!)
6. I love chocolate milk but pretty much only drink it out of a mug straight from the freezer.
7. I don’t cry often. Sure, I tear up at sappy movies, I weep at funerals, but I generally only let myself cry in the shower or around people I trust with my life.

———

“I’m lonely. Why do you think I had to learn to act so independent? I also get mad too quickly, and I hog the covers, and my second toe is longer than my big one. My hair has it’s own zip code. Plus, I get certifiably crazy when I’ve got PMS. You don’t love someone because they’re perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”
― Jodi PicoultMy Sister’s Keeper

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Things You Can’t Tell Just From Reading My Blog

1. Amy@BR says:

That is a great quote. At our wedding, the minister reminded us that we were getting married not BECAUSE of the good things, but in SPITE of the bad. Good stuff.

Thanks for commenting, Amy! I think that’s a great thing to remind people about. I feel like it’s easy to love someone through the good times or because of the good things, but it’s loving someone through the bad times, loving them in spite of their faults, that really counts.

PS- If you have’t read it, the book the quote is from is great (can’t vouch for the movie though, I haven’t seen it).

2. Dude. Carbs = life. I thought I could go Atkins once. That lasted four meals. Also! Baking! I like baking too but since I don’t want the sweets I make dog cookies. :)

Oh yes. Carbs DO = life :) I’ve been eating a LOT more vegetables recently, but I also devoured a bowl of pasta for lunch today. (Does it make it better that it had lots of tomatoes?)

I totally should make dog cookies! (Also, I definitely just pinned your post on making dog treats!)

3. Another carb lover here! And anything below 70 IS cold! In winter I’m perpetually wearing fuzzy socks and two extra layers of clothes to stay warm!

I KNEW you were a girl after my own heart, Kate! The name, the pitties, and the good taste in showerheads should have tipped me off ;)

PS- Amen to fuzzy socks & layers! I sometimes wear fuzzy socks AND slippers (I really want to pick these up at Target soon, because the ones I was gifted a while back aren’t warm enough.)

4. Jami Graham says:

Haha okay this was so me with a few variations…I bake, don’t eat the end result but I eat the uncooked project so you’re lucky if you get anything more than 1/2 what I intended to bake.

I don’t clean ever, fortunately I married someone who does.

Food is my weakness, but I don’t think I’ll ever be old enough to eat veggies.

I love chocolate milk but I can’t drink regular milk without ice cubes.

I cry in every tv show, commercial, song, movie preview, movie, and anything else!

FYI…80* is cold.

Haha Jami!

Fortunately Robert cleans.

I’ll have to start posting some of the veggie recipes I’ve been cooking. Or just sending you the link to Jenn @ Peas&Crayons’ recipes (since most of them are from her). Do you like garlic? I drenched everything in garlic powder, garlic salt, or roasted garlic at first.

Yay for another chocolate milk lover!

The funny thing is, the one time I was in California I don’t think it was EVER above 65. Then again, it was January.

5. Ha! I love this list and that coffee pic is my life to a T. I’m definitely borrowing this idea and sharing some of my *less awesome* habits ;)

6. JD says:

You and I are probably related! Smile. I think I would really like to be around you.

7. Elle says:

Besides number 6 (still love choc milk tho)–I think we are the same person ; )