Or, Why Most People Can’t Live With Me For More Than a Year.
1. If it’s under 70F I’m probably freezing. I steal the covers, I take really hot showers and use all the hot water.
2. I bake, but I don’t eat the finished product.
3. I clean when I’m mad (but not when I’m sad).
4. I’m not a morning person. At all. I set too many alarms & hardly move when they go off. If there’s coffee I probably won’t snap at you.
5. Carbs are my weakness. Pasta, potato chips, Publix cookies, sourdough bread, these are the things I eat when I’m upset. (I’m trying to eat more vegetables though, Jenn!)
6. I love chocolate milk but pretty much only drink it out of a mug straight from the freezer.
7. I don’t cry often. Sure, I tear up at sappy movies, I weep at funerals, but I generally only let myself cry in the shower or around people I trust with my life.
“I’m lonely. Why do you think I had to learn to act so independent? I also get mad too quickly, and I hog the covers, and my second toe is longer than my big one. My hair has it’s own zip code. Plus, I get certifiably crazy when I’ve got PMS. You don’t love someone because they’re perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper